Endwell restaurant evacuated after grease fire
By Justin Barwick By Julianne Peixoto
July 11, 2015
Town of Union, NY (WBNG Binghamton) Moon Star Asian Cuisine restaurant was evacuated Saturday night after a grease fire broke out. Crews were called to 3218 East Main St. just after 9 p.m. Saturday. The Endwell Fire Department and State Police responded.
According to first responders, the fire started in the restaurant's ventilation system then fired down onto the grill in the kitchen.
"We've been checking for an extension in the greasy duct works above the ceiling and up on the roof for the last hour or so," said Broome County Senior Fire Investigator Jeff Winchell.
No one was injured in the fire.